This Charter sets out the reasonable expectations of customers of Members of the National Association of Jewellers.
By displaying the Customer Charter in their business premises and on their websites, Members of the National Association of Jewellers demonstrate that they are signatories of the Association's Code of Conduct and acknowledge their commitment to abiding by and upholding the full Code.
Members of the National Association of Jewellers will endeavour to:
1. Act with a high degree of integrity and in an open, honest and professional manner.
2. Provide full and accurate disclosure, describing any jewellery or watches offered or sold.
3. Abstain from engaging in conduct or in any business practice that may directly or indirectly mislead or deceive customers.
4. Use NAJ best practice to help prevent trade in conflict diamonds, gemstones and precious metals and to help prevent suffering of workers in the jewellery supply chain.
5. Make every effort to protect customers against any fraud, misrepresentation or unethical practice which may arise in the jewellery industry.
6. Apply responsible and sustainable business practices being mindful and aware of the Association's commitment to observing the standards of the Responsible Jewellery Council.
7. In the event of dispute Members will consider customer complaints in a timely and fair manner and, in the event of dispute, will clearly explain the NAJ procedure for Mediation and provide the contact NAJ's Compliance Officer's contact details in order to facilitate a timely resolution.
8. Cooperate fully with any inquiry conducted by the NAJ to resolve disputes involving a customer, another NAJ member and to abide by the findings and results in due time.